The municipality of Victoria was a part of Pila until 1949 when then President Elpidio Quirino signed Executive Order 282 creating a new town named after his daughter, Victoria.
During the Japanese regime, while still part of Pila Town, Victoria sheltered various political guerilla troops and evacuees from nearby towns of Laguna and served as the base for underground operations of guerillas against the Japanese government.
It was also in Victoria where American soldiers landed and crossed to the Pasig River via Laguna de Bay to save the trapped Filipino evacuees in Laguna.
Please mail in any comments or errors encountered.
Copyright © 1998 Laguna Internet