Sta. Cruz, now the province's capital, has been a part of Lumban until 1602 when it separated and became a pueblo with its own church and local government.
Since its foundation in 1602, Sta. Cruz has survived calamities such as fires, typhoons and floods; wars such as the Philippines Revolution of 1896-1899 and insurgencies during the Spaniard and Japanese times. Today, Sta. Cruz is considered as the business and commercial center in the eastern part of Laguna.
The capital of the province of Laguna, Sta. Cruz is exhibiting a steady growth and might one day become a city. Being the seat of governance, activities emanate from this municipality.
Four bus companies have terminals in Sta. Cruz: JAM, BLTB, Kapalaran and Saint Rose. These bus companies have stations in Taft Ave, Manila; EDSA Pasay; and Cubao, Quezon City.
By private transport, Sta.Cruz can be reached via South Expressway taking the Calamba Exit. From Calamba, the following towns will be passed thru via national highway: Los Banos, Bay, Victoria, and Pila.
Sta. Cruz is bounded by Pagsanjan in the east where several resorts and hotels are very accessible for local and foreign tourists. At the heart of Sta. Cruz is Traveller's Hotel.
Please mail in any comments or errors encountered.
Copyright © 1998 Laguna Internet