In 1571 when the Spaniards came to Pakil, the town was under the leadership of Gat Paquil. The name had come to refer to the settlement as "Paquil", which then evolved to Pakil.
Pakil was a part of Paete until 1676. It remained an independent town throughout the Spanish regime. On November 25, 1903, Pakil was fused with Pangil. In 1927, Pakil was restored to being a separate town by virtue of Executive Order No. 77.
Pakil extends to Real and Mauban, Quezon, Tibag and Butas na Tiaong rivers in the east; to Paete in the south; and Mabitac and Pangil in the north. The town is 19 kilometers from Laguna's capital, Sta. Cruz.
Please mail in any comments or errors encountered.
Copyright © 1998 Laguna Internet