Alaminos was once a barrio of San Pablo City, which was then only a town belonging to the province of Batangas. Its initial name was Trenchera, denoting the presence of long and deep ditches. In 1873, Trenchera was formally separated from the town of San Pablo and became a pueblo or town but it still remained as part of the province of Laguna.
Alaminos was named after Captain-General Juan de Alaminos Nivera, the chief executive of the province of Batangas. A petition making Trenchera a town was read to Nivera and two months after, it was approved. Alaminos became a town in 1903.
Alaminos is located 78 kilometers east of Manila. It is bounded on the north by Calauan , on the east by San Pablo City , and on the west by Batangas.
To reach the place by private car, from South Expressway, take the Batangas Exit 52. A signboard leads to the direction of Alaminos town. By bus, JAM, Kapalaran or BLTB plying the the San Pablo and Lucena City route will pass the town of Alaminos.
Please mail in any comments or errors encountered.
Copyright © 1998 Laguna Internet